Call for Applications for Education Awards
A project consortium led by SunPork Pty Ltd. and involving APRIL is interested in hearing from potential research students wishing to be involved in a current 3-year CRC-Project (CRC-P), Eliminating Pig Tail Removal to Improve Welfare and Industry Sustainability. The overall aim of this research project is to provide information to enable pork producers to make objective decisions with confidence as to whether they can raise pigs with intact tails.
A number of different opportunities exist for undergraduate and postgraduate students/potential students interested in pursuing this opportunity, as follows:
- Scholarship Awards for Honours students.
- Support for DVM/undergraduate Veterinary Science projects.
- Support for MS/MSc/MPhil students, where a research project is an incorporated component of the program of study.
Eligibility varies according to the different scheme being applied for. Make sure the Guidelines associated with each opportunity are read thoroughly before starting and submitting an application.
How do I apply?
Information concerning the different education opportunities, including Guidelines and application forms, can be found below. Completed applications should reach APRIL by the closing date, and the outcomes will be announced after the closing date.
The APRIL Education Advisory Committee will assess all applications against criteria including the academic record and curriculum vitae of the applicant, the applicant’s research potential including the research proposal, alignment with the CRC-P, evidence of industry endorsement/relevance, a personal statement from the applicant, the supervisor(s) track record, and a communication and delivery plan (if appropriate).
APRIL will determine the number of, and the amount of, any grant awarded.
Applications should be lodged electronically by the closing date to Dr Charles Rikard-Bell, email@example.com. Questions on any of the Awards should be directed to Dr John Pluske, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications open: 30 May 2022
Applications close: 8 July 2022
(APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED) Call for applications for Industry Placement Program
APRIL is pleased to announce a call for applications for its Industry Placement Program (IPP) Award.
As part of its Education and Training program, APRIL is continuing to assist with human capacity building in the Australasian pork industry through the IPP Award scheme. A successful business applicant will receive $75,000 over the first 2 years of a 3-year agreement with APRIL to help cover salary and other costs associated with training an Awardee for the 3 years. The overall aims of the IPP scheme are to:
1. Retain graduates trained by APRIL, the Pork CRC, APL, and (or) other relevant organisations, at the Honours and (or) postgraduate level, and attract others, by sponsoring their placement in a commercial pork production organisation or an affiliated business within the Australasian pork industry, in a structured and enhanced development program.
2. Attract and stimulate graduates into the industry with a career interest in pork production, while continuing their development and understanding of how research and development, technology, and extension/adoption can enhance industry competitiveness and success.
3. Expose graduates wanting a long-term research and development, advisory, and (or) technical support role related to commercial aspects of pork production in the Australasian pork industry, and enhance their contributions and value to pork businesses in future roles.
Applications open 1 November 2021, and close 28 January 2022. Please visit https://apri.com.au/education/ for further information and the application form.
Applications must be lodged electronically by the applying organisation and include the name and qualifications of the proposed candidate, to the APRIL Chief Scientist/CEO Dr John Pluske (email@example.com). Any questions on the IPP Award/process can be directed to Dr John Pluske (firstname.lastname@example.org).